Advanced tools of improv taught by star facilitator / performer Francesca Reid. An exciting challenge with a very experienced teacher. Buy your ticket today.
Eight weeks of advanced improvisation that promises to challenge you in a really satisfying way. This course ends with a performance at the hugely loved and respected DDG Improv jam in the Effra Social's Churchill Lounge.
A stress-free skills enhancement in this intoxicating performance form that guarantees low-risk, high-reward fun.
* Please note exact dates (which have an in-built two-week break across Weds 23 and 30 October) below.
Exact dates: Wednesdays 11, 18, 25 September; 2, 9, 16 October. Then two weeks' break. Then Wednesdays 6, 13 November. Final showcase: Monday 18 November.
Required: you’ll already have had 20 hours’ minimum improv training. You’ve performed in at least one improv show or acted in a play at some point.
On this course you'll learn:
• Advanced improv theory that you’ll put into practice
• Group dynamic: how to get the best out of yourself and your teammates
• Scenes that play to your strengths
• Techniques that round out and complete your improv toolbelt
In the process you’ll become:
• A more confident player
• A more flexible and assured player
• A better team player
• A better listener
• More able to be ‘in the moment’
DDG Improv is dedicated to creating a supportive community that practises inclusion. If you want to join this class but have financial barriers or any other concerns, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fran Reid is a trained and highly experienced actor / improviser based in London. She combines Johnstonian impro theory and Second City training to create unique and highly funny scenes and shows. Fran performs in teams The Bareback Kings, The Die Hards and Franston Pickle, and teaches applied improvisation as The Offer Bank in a wide range of settings.