Come and try improv comedy with DDG Improv! On this beginner's course you'll learn the basics of improvisation in a really supportive space with new friends. The sessions are tailored to give you a stress-free grounding of this intoxicating performance form. It's lots of fun in a low-risk, high-reward environment, led by experienced teacher Victoria Hogg.
Don't worry if you haven't done any stagework since the school play (if that!): this class is for absolute beginners. And please don't worry about 'having to be funny': the laughs all come from the moment and you'll uncover your witty side without even trying.
On this course you'll learn:
• The basics of improvisation theory including the principles 'Yes, And', Active Listening, Play and Teamwork
• How to create improv comedy in a group
• Lots of fun games you'll love playing
• How to improvise scenes from thin air with ease
You will, in the process, become:
• More confident
• A better listener
• A better collaborator
• More able to 'be in the moment'
• More flexible and open to fast-changing circumstances
This eight-week course is excellent value and guarantees a future improv family that you’ll love.
DDG Improv is dedicated to creating a supportive community that practises inclusion. If you want to join this class but have financial barriers or any other concerns, please contact Vic directly at email@example.com.