Come and try improv comedy with DDG Improv! On this beginner's course you'll learn the basics of improvisation in a really supportive space with new friends. The sessions are tailored to give you a stress-free grounding of this intoxicating performance form. It's lots of fun in a low-risk, high-reward environment, led by experienced teacher Victoria Hogg.
Click on the link here to buy your place on the course. Early bird tickets available.
Don't worry if you haven't done any stagework since the school play (if that!): this class is for absolute beginners. And please don't worry about 'having to be funny': the laughs all come from the moment and you'll uncover your witty side without even trying.
On this course you'll learn:
• The basics of improvisation theory including the principles 'Yes, And', Active Listening, Play and Teamwork
• How to create improv comedy in a group
• Lots of fun games you'll love playing
• How to improvise scenes from thin air with ease
You will, in the process, become:
• More confident
• A better listener
• A better collaborator
• More able to 'be in the moment'
• More flexible and open to fast-changing circumstances
This eight-week course is excellent value and guarantees a future improv family that you’ll love.
DDG Improv is dedicated to creating a supportive community that practises inclusion. If you want to join this class but have financial barriers or any other concerns, please contact Vic directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.