Ever wanted to feel what it's like to perform a monologue or a dynamic scene in front of others? Curious about the difference between the various 'schools' of acting? Eager to try a range of techniques with new friends and really 'dip your toe in'? Then this is the course for you!
Learn the basics of drama with this fun, practical course that's a whistlestop tour of acting schools, skills and techniques.
• Gain a grounding in a range of drama genres, acting schools and performance styles.
• Explore a range of script types including monologue, duologue and scene work.
• Create and explore characters that you'll arrive at organically.
• Learn basic performance skills including delivery and holding an audience.
• Improve communication skills.
By the end of the course you'll be happy to present a short performance with skill and confidence. Covering a raft of various theatrical techniques and historical dramatic groundwork, you'll discover your voice and decide what performance type interests you.
Don't be shy! This course is for absolute beginners and anyone who is curious about acting, drama or performing in front of others. You'll meet new friends and discover how to work together as a fun, supportive team.
This course is taught by Victoria Hogg. Victoria has more than a decade's acting and improv experience and has studied a wide range of performance forms from numerous international teachers.