Learn the basics of drama with this fun, practical course that's a whistlestop tour of acting skills. You'll:
• Gain a grounding in a range of drama genres, acting schools and performance styles.
• Explore a range of script types including monologue, duologue and scene work.
• Create and explore characters that you'll arrive at organically.
• Learn basic performance skills including delivery and holding an audience.
• Improve communication skills.
By the end of the course you'll present a short performance with skill and confidence. Covering a raft of various theatrical techniques and historical dramatic groundwork, you'll discover your voice and decide what performance type interests you.
Don't be shy! This course is for absolute beginners and those who feel drawn to acting but who haven't yet had the chance to explore the performance form. You'll meet new friends and discover how to work together as a fun, supportive team.
For more information, click on the Mary Ward Centre link here.
Please email Vic at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.